Bretton Library - Monday 24 August 2020, 9.30am
Orton Library - Tuesday 25 August 2020, 9.30am
Werrington Library - Thursday 27 August 2020, 2.00pm
A number of measures have been put in place to keep customers and staff safe:
- Monitoring the number of customers allowed in the library to ensure that there is adequate space for social distancing. A queuing system outside the building will be in place
- Customers will be asked to provide their name and number for track and trace purposes
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers to use on entrance to and exit from the library. It will be compulsory for users to wear a face covering whilst on the premises (these will not be provided)
- Book selection will be restricted to 30 minutes for the library and 1 hour for customers wishing to use the public network (computer suite). Seating and newspapers have been removed
- Library staff will ensure all books returned to the library are quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves
- Anyone wishing to use the public network, can book a 1 hour slot - all necessary cleaning and social distancing measures will be in place to keep customers safe
- We will continue to reopen libraries in a phased approach. During this time, library members can return their books to any open library (however, this is optional)
- Fines for overdue books will be waived until all libraries are open
Details of the opening times for each venue are available on the website.
Last week, after five months of lockdown, Peterborough Central Library reopened to the public with a number of new social distancing and safety measures in place. The library team said they were pleased to report that the reopening of Central Library on August 10 went very well.