Key Stage 1
Write these number sentences as a multiplication calculation.
- 2+2+2+2= 8
Key Stage 2
Work out whether you need to multiply or divide with these word problems. Then solve them!
- I have 10 sweets. I need to share them between 5 children. How many would each child get?
- Mike has 16 maltesers. He is going to split them equally between himself and his 3 friends? How many would each boy get?
- A gallery has 21 paintings. They want to divide these between the 3 halls. How many paintings would be in each hall?
- Tom has 5 dogs. Each dog has 7 puppies. How many puppies are there altogether?
- A spider has 8 legs. How many legs do six spiders have?
- There are 4 doughnuts in a box. Mum brings home 6 boxes of doughnuts. How many are there in total?
- Stephen has 42 toy cars. He has 7 toy boxes. How many cars fit in each one?
Thanks to Gladstone Primary Academy for sharing their assignments with us! For more check here.