Stagecoach East has confirmed that from October 24 amendments are being made to some bus routes in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire due to ongoing staffing issues.
A spokesman for Stagecoach East said: “We are constantly looking for ways to update and improve our bus network across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. As with many industries, we are facing a staffing situation that is out of our control due to external factors. Our team are doing a fantastic job in the circumstances, and we are working hard to get the new drivers who are in our training pipeline on the road as soon as possible.
“We would like to thank all of our passengers for their patience as we deal with this. As a result, we are looking at making some changes to our timetable from Sunday October 24 to enhance the reliability of our services.
“For more information on the timetable changes, please visit our website.”
Here are the bus routes that will be impacted in Peterborough:
- The Citi 1 service will run every 15 minutes Monday-Saturday
- The Citi 1 service will operate hourly in the evenings (from 6.45pm in Werrington & from 6.48pm in Orton)
- The Citi 2 & Citi 3 services will operate every 20 minutes Monday - Saturday
- The routes will operate every hour in the evenings. (Citi 2 from 6.22pm at North Bretton & from 6.20pm at Paston. Citi 3 from 6.10pm at Peterborough Hospital & from 6.48pm at Stanground)
- The Citi 4 & Citi 6 services will operate every 30 minutes Monday – Saturday
- The routes will operate every hour in the evenings. (Citi 4 from 6.30pm at Parnwell & from 8.07pm at the City Centre. Citi 6 from 6.55pm at the City Centre & from 7.13pm at Hampton)
- The last 36 service departing from Eye Village, at 5.53pm will now operate slightly later, at 6.03pm.
- The 5.27pm journey from Wisbech will arrive at March 10 minutes later, to allow for additional travel time.