Skip to content

Accidental fire causes damage at Netherton Pharmacy

Crews responded to an accidental fire at Netherton Pharmacy on the evening of Thursday, May 27.
fire-pharmacy
The fire at Netherton Pharmacy happened at around 9.30pm on May 27

The fire was called in at 9.37pm, with crews from Dogsthorpe, Stanground and the Peterborough Volunteer Fire Brigade responding.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke issuing from the building on Ledbury Road.

Netherton Fisheries, which is next door, attempted to help staff at the pharmacy, with witnesses reporting that the shop was full of smoke.

The crews returned to their stations by 11.45pm. 

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A member of staff from the pharmacy said that it is believed that the incident was caused by a computer-related issue, but that more investigations were taking place.

"Thankfully nobody was inside," he confirmed. "But the shop is not in good shape."

Plans are already in place to ensure that customers aren't too affected, however, with permissions being sought to set up either somewhere else in the same unit or in a portable building nearby.

"We want to be back on our feet as soon as possible so we can meet our commitments to our customers and patients. It's a shock, but we are working very hard to ensure that we can continue our service."

Customers with any queries are encouraged to contact the pharmacy number, which is routing calls directly to Mohammed Nanji (manager).

fire-engine-pharmacyThree fire engines responded to the callout. By Netherton Fisheries