Inspiring sustainability speakers present free online events
The aim is to engage individuals and business teams with different eco initiatives to inspire, influence and share best practice. Everyone is welcome to register their place at the online events, which run from Monday 5th to Thursday 8th October. Hear from a range of inspiring speakers, including:
· John Grant, author of the Green Marketing Manifesto and Greener Marketing
· Jen Gale, author of The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide
· Stephen Prior, Director of Forest Carbon
· Hugo Tagholm, Chief Executive of Surfers Against Sewage
· Dr Peter Brotherton, Climate Change Director at Natural England
· Sean McCormack, Vet, Founder of Ealing Wildlife Group and creator of ‘Sean’s Wild Life’ podcast
· Alice Troiano, Co-Founder and CEO of G.APP17
· Matthew Barber, Head of Partnerships, Midlands and East, at Sustrans
· Andy Brown, Head of Sustainability at Anglian Water Group
· Kate Marx, Campaigns and Social Research Manager at Waterwise
Pick and choose from a range of topics designed to cover many of the eco challenges you may face, including: ‘Zero Waste(ish) tips for slimming your bin for the imperfectly green’, ‘The challenge of climate change and nature loss: Thinking global, acting local for biodiversity and green spaces’, and ‘Everything you need to know about reducing carbon: including offsetting, carbon neutrality and Net Zero’ and many more.
The week’s events will culminate in the iiE Awards 2020, on Thursday 8th October at 4pm. This year’s guest speaker will be award-winning author and creative marketing strategist, John Grant (author of the Green Marketing Manifesto (2007) and Greener Marketing (2020)), whose sustainability client list has included the BBC, The Guardian, HSBC, innocent drinks, IKEA, the Royal Mail, Unilever, the UK Government as well as numerous others.
John was previously a co-founder of the socially progressive London creative agency St Luke’s (named 1990s Agency of the Decade by AdAge) and also in 2008 co-founded a digital startup called Ecoinomy (with Deborah Meaden) that created a platform and incentives for employees to green their workplaces.
April Sotomayor, Sustainability Consultant at iiE, said “We’re delighted that John can join us as keynote speaker at this year’s event. His experience, expertise, and enthusiasm within the field of sustainability makes him the ideal speaker to inspire individuals and organisations to make a real difference.”
Organisations that are supporting the iiE Awards 2020 include BGL Group, Roythornes Solicitors, Davies Veterinary Specialists, Ecotricity, Cross Keys Homes and Hunt & Coombs Solicitors.
To register your free place and see the full event programme click here and join in the conversation online with #iiEAwards.