Discover what life was really like 1,000 years ago, when Danish King Guthrum came to England.
There's a lot to do and learn at the archaeology site, with fun activities including archery, a weapons display and battles (for adults and children):
- 10am - Have a go archery
- 10.30am - Exploring a Viking burial
- 11.30am - Skirmish – weapons display
- 12.00pm - Have a go archery
- 1pm - Play performance
- 1.30pm - Children’s battle
- 2pm - Have a go archery
- 2.30pm - Archery display
- 3pm - Have a go archery
- 3.30pm - Main battle
There is no need to book in advance, but admission charges apply:
- Children - £5
- Adults - £8
- Families (two adults, three children) - £20
- Under-fives go free.
Parking is free and last entry is at 4pm.