A house caught fire in Whittlesey last Saturday

Crews from Stanground and Thorney were called to a fire on Debdale Court in Whittlesey at 6.09pm on Saturday May 18.

Firefighters arrived to find a large quantity of refuse alight at the front of a house, spreading to fencing.

Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The property was evacuated when the crews arrived.

The crews returned to their stations by 7.30pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.